The AOS event department is responsible for the coordinated planning and implementation of events for the society. It serves as a contact point for the planning, implementation and follow-up of events. Together with the organizationally responsible persons, the AOS events department is responsible for planning and holding events in accordance with the regulations.
Tasks of the AOS event department:
- Development of an event schedule for AOS based on the annual cycle
- Compliance with requirements and regulations that apply to the organization of events for clubs
- Planning, organization and follow-up of company events in consultation with the entire board
- If necessary, preparation of presentations required for events and moderation at events
The goals of the AOS events department for the 2023-2025 term of office are:
- Development of an annual cycle for events
- Development and implementation of club-specific events for AOS members and non-members with the aim
- of increasing understanding of the relationship between occupation, health and well-being, and
- to sensitize occupational therapists and occupational scientists at the (inter)national level with regard to practical science topics (e.g. occupational justice, occupational balance, occupational disruption, …).
Benefits from an AOS membership in this department:
The AOS membership not only gives you the opportunity to take part in various events (e.g. the quarterly online members’ meeting) with specific inputs on occupational science, but also to build up your personal network with (inter)national occupational scientists and be part of this community.